Wednesday, November 12, 2014

here we go!

Well, we're off!!

Or so we thought. Lol after packing all night long (literally; I finished packing everything down to the last document, turned off the light in my office and josh's wake up alarm went off! Lol). Oh well. At this point in the game my body is running off of adrenaline anyway. 

So we leave for the airport at a crisp 3:45 am to catch our 6:20 flight. We get there, get all checked in, wait for boarding. We had 10 minutes left so I figured I'd take Mary to the bathroom one last time. Well as we were washing out hands, josh is calling for us to come on, that the plane was waiting on us. Well, that's what they told him, but they were waiting on others too. So we board, throw our bags in the overhead compartment, plop down, buckle up, and wait. And wait. And wait. Just as it looked like they were getting ready to give their instructions, the pilot grabbed the mic and explained that that plane was not leaving the ground. A broken part. And the backup piece was also broken. So we get our stuff, get off and wait in line. We have a new flight that we are catching at 11 to get us to our connecting flight in Chicago. That's the important one!!

Meanwhile Mary is passed out on the floor. Yes, I'm that mom today. And no I didn't sanitize the area (for those that know I'm a germophobe).  

Let's hope this bit o' excitement isn't how the rest of our trip will be!!

1 comment:

  1. Praying the rest of your travels go smoothly! Love you guys Cassie

    ReplyDelete